Home > Woodbridge
Supplying Woodbridge with Benjamin Moore® Products Since 1988
Home improvement projects require a lot of thought. After all, the changes you make to your house should be something you will want to stick with for years to come. Picking the right paint colours is no different. The right coat of paint can make or break a room’s atmosphere, so it’s important to weigh the pros and cons before purchase.
At Steeles Paint, our supercentre offers one of the largest paint selections including great eco-friendly products from Benjamin Moore. Woodbridge homeowners can stop by the store to find:
• Interior and exterior paints
• Stain and lacquers
• Faux finishes
• Specialty paints
• Epoxy garage floor coatings
• Swimming pool paints
Having so many different paints and paint products at your disposal gives you the chance to really think about what’s right for your project. Compare and contrast paint colours and textures, talk to our colour consultants, and take home swatches to match against your existing décor.
How to Prep Your Home for Interior Painting
When it comes to interior painting projects, it’s important to properly prep your room. Before you even apply the paint to the walls, make sure to get furniture out of the way of the paint area. Furniture that will remain in the room should be covered by sheets and a drop cloth should be laid on the floor. Be sure to wear safety goggles or glasses to protect your eyes from paint droplets. You can find a variety of painting supplies including painter’s tape, rollers, paint trays, brushes, sponges, and more at our supercentre.
Steps for interior painting:
1. Prepare your walls – fix holes, cracks, dents, and other surface imperfections in the drywall
2. Place painter’s tape in overlapping strips along the ceiling where it joins the edge of the wall as well as add it around doorframes, windows, and other similar features in the room
3. Outline with paint the room along the edges of the walls where they meet the baseboards, doors, windows, ceilings, or other walls
4. Add a primer to seal your walls, prevent mould, and help even out the tone of your paint
5. Using fine-grit sandpaper, sand out bumps and ridges from the wall left by the primer; wipe the wall clean with a damp sponge or towel to remove access dust and let dry
6. Paint your walls
7. Remove the painter’s tape once the paint has dried
Get Free Delivery for All Paint Products Found In Store
Got a big painting project and require a lot of materials? The last thing you want to do is waste time trying to find proper transportation for it all. Don’t worry; Steeles Paint offers free delivery service in Woodbridge and the surrounding areas. Our drivers are always on the road ready to deliver anything you need whether it’s our environmentally friendly Benjamin Moore paints or any other product in our store. Call Steeles Paint to schedule a free delivery.
Let Steeles Paint Help You Get Started on Your Painting Project
A painting project is often a large undertaking and can be stressful for first-time do-it-yourselfers. With Steeles Paint you won’t have to tackle the project alone. We’re with you every step of the way with helpful advice and tips. Visit our store in Woodbridge and talk to one of our colour consultants today to get started picking the right paint for your home.